I take advantage of the Sephora VIB Sale every year because it’s a good opportunity to restock items I use regularly and get others that are more pricey. I thought I’d share what I was able to grab in-store and also what else I plan to get before the sale is over (I had Ava with me when I went and she was just not having it anymore).
1. Wen Deluxe Healthy Hair Kit (5pc): I recently started using Wen cleansing conditioner again after seeing it on sale on Rue La La and after watching Anna Lee Fiorino, a hairstylist at Chaz Dean Studios who does daily vlogs on YouTube with her husband, Jesse. Seriously, if you’ve watched her videos and seen her hair and her clients’ hair you’ll want to try it, too. I have tried Wen in the past, but I don’t think I was rinsing it well enough because my hair didn’t have that really ‘clean’ feel after washing and my roots still seemed greasy. Anyway, since I’d started using it again over this past maybe month and a half, I’ve noticed a great change in the feel of my hair, it is so much softer and less dry looking. My hair color is also not fading as quickly. Just for reference, I have pretty thick hair and a lot of it. The hair at the crown of my head (all the hair that grows above the level of my ears) is wavy, everything underneath is straight. I’ve also been getting a lot of compliments on the way my hair looks. Using cleansing conditioner has definitely added to the time I spend in the shower, you really have to work the product into the roots and wash it out THOROUGHLY, otherwise you probably won’t look like you washed your hair at all. The results for me are worth it, and I don’t wash my hair daily anyway (I usually do every 2-3 days). I was only planning on picking up a couple of bottles, but one of the associates directed me towards this 5 piece set (3 16 oz. cleansing conditioners, the replenishing mist, & re moist intensive hair treatment) and I thought it was a good deal, especially with 20% off.
2. Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Face Tonic: I love the Ole Henriksen line of skincare, it has really helped to keep my skin clear without feeling like I’m using a lot of harsh chemicals. I’ve used this toner for a couple of years, along with the Aloe Vera Deep Cleanser and Vitamin Plus moisturizer. I actually thought I picked up the cleanser, but realized when I got home that I accidentally got 2 toners. I also wanted the moisturizer, but there were none left in stock. So I’ll probably just order both of those online before the sale is over. I also want to get the Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster. I was initially introduced to this skincare line when I bought one of their little skincare sets and the collagen booster was in it. I thought my skin looked brighter after using it, but I stopped when I got pregnant. I still have it, but I’m worried it’s expired after all that time so I’m just going to pick up a new one.
4. Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder: I just got the Jouer Matt Moisture Tint, but I am still a powder foundation girl at heart for daily wear just because it’s so fast and easy. I’ve been wanting to try something new and after swatching this in the store I wanted to try it. It’s just super finely milled and very soft in feel. I was shade matched by one of their consultants to shade 9, but after looking at the website I think I’m either a 7 or 8. So, unfortunately I’m going to have to go back to do an exchange.
5. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: I tried this as a ‘point perk’ and it has since become my favorite primer. I never bought the full size because of the price ($52-ouch!) and would just reserve my little sample for special occasions. I swear, my makeup always looks the best and lasts the longest when I use this primer. It’s just the best. Enough said.
6. Clinique Chubby Stick in super strawberry: This was actually just a 100-point perk, but I thought I’d just throw it in here. I’ve never tried these before, it’s just not a product that has any major appeal to me. If it’s anything mind-blowing, I’ll be sure to let you guys know.
Anyway, if you haven’t taken advantage of the sale it ends on November 10th and you have to be a VIB member. If you already did, let me know what you picked up!