The post I did on an everyday look with all drugstore makeup got me thinking about products that I don’t want to be discontinued. That Wet n Wild Vanity palette is so good, I can’t believe they got rid of it! I wanted to share my drugstore makeup must-haves just in case they decide to give them the axe and you can’t get your hands on them ever again! Too dramatic? I don’t think so.
1. Wet n Wild Color Eyecon single eyeshadow in Brûlée. For a 99 cent eyeshadow, you’re definitely getting a bang for your buck. I’ve had mine for years and have barely put a dent in it. It’s that perfect matte brow highlight or lid color for a super defined crease look; that perfect creamy color that has amazing payoff. It’s one of my ‘top drawer’ products, meaning that I have it in my vanity drawer because I use it that much.
2. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. This is another ‘top drawer’ item, it’s a nice bronze shade that I can use as a base or on it’s own. I often use it when I’m in a rush, but still want to have a little color on my lids. It’s easily blended with a finger and you’re done!
3. Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara in Very Black. I know I’ve been a broken record on this but I have to mention it again because I already bought backups. It adds volume, length, and holds a curl. And most importantly, it barely smudges (my main mascara gripe). (To see my first impression and before & after pictures, go here.)
4. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks in Make Me Pink and Warm Me Up. These are my go-to lipsticks on days I just want something to work, and just because I love them. I know they look good, they’re very forgiving on dry lips, and they go with pretty much every eye look. I don’t need to be super precise in application. It’s no fuss, no muss makeup. Warm Me Up is a pinky nude that won’t wash you out and Make Me Pink is a bit of a cooler toned pinky mauve. I actually tore apart my makeup storage and checked every handbag in recent use looking for Make Me Pink, and when I realized I must have misplaced it, I immediately bought a new one.
5. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. I wear this blush all year round, but it’s particularly gorgeous in the summer. It a peachy color with just the right amount of shimmer. I think it would be flattering on a wide range of skin tones. It also applies so easily and smoothly, you could almost do it with your eyes closed (but don’t).
6. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Light/Medium. This concealer is super light in consistency, yet covers so well. It blends easily on the under eyes and although I’ve been connected at the hip to my CDP concealer lately, I still reach for this especially when I want something quick and easy. This has to be my fifth tube since I started using it and it looks like I’ll need my sixth soon. (If you want to see a swatch, I have one in my favorite drugstore concealers post.)
I had to resist the temptation to keep listing, but I wanted to keep this to items I truly love so much that I would be devastated (yes, I don’t mince words) to see them off the shelves.
So tell me, what are your don’t wanna live without drugstore makeup items?