The first month of 2015 is gone and since I had some definite favorites I wanted to share them. These are the items that got the most love, that I pretty much used daily.
1. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus and Medium Deep. I was deep into using my It Cosmetics CC Cream last month, but this month I was back to my MSFs after a long hiatus. Powder foundation is just so quick and easy, I always end up going back to it. I use Medium Plus all over then use Medium Deep at the edges of my face and coutour areas to warm up my face a bit. I like how it gives my skin a light glow, which I’ve been favoring over the more matte/demi-matte finishes of my MUFE Duo Mat or LM powder foundation.
2. L’Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Eyeliner Pencil in Brown. I’ve taken a temporary break from my usual cat eye in favor of pencil liner smudged into my lash line and/or in my upper waterline. This one is creamy, doesn’t tug, and stays in place. It’s also way cheaper than my MUFE Aqua Liner and it will probably replace it. (Review here)
3. Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks in Bluffing, Bootleg Brown, and Trespassing Taupe. I’ve been using these non-stop since I got them, they make it easy to do my eye makeup either as a base, lid color, crease color, etc. They glide on smoothly and don’t crease. The three listed are the ones I turn to the most, but all the shades I’ve tried I do like. (Review here)
4. Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Waterproof in Black. This may just be my perfect mascara, it’s already replaced my Maybelline Lash Sensational. It give great volume, holds a curl, and there is zero to minimal smudging (my biggest mascara gripe). It gives more of a soft, full and fluttery look than the Maybelline. It’s really the smudge factor that has me hooked though, if you have the same raccoon eye problem I do, you must try this! (Review here)
5. L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in Medium to Dark. I’ve been extremely lazy about filling in my brows lately. The problem is that I need to get them threaded two weeks ago, but I’m just not in the mood to make the trek with all the snow outside. This has been getting me through until I have them done, filling them in with a pencil is not as easy when they’re not well-groomed. I’ve been brushing them into place with this a couple of times, then running a spoolie through to soften them up a bit. It makes them look a little fuller and filled in, but still very natural looking. If you have very sparse brows or really like that precise brow look this isn’t for you, but if you’re okay with them looking a little less ‘done’ and have more hairs to work with, you might like this. (Review here)
So that’s about it for this month. Oddly, I couldn’t pick a specific lip product although I’ve tried a lot of good ones. I’ve been bouncing between them all instead of honing in on one, so I couldn’t pick a true favorite.
What have you been loving lately?