I love those Sephora point perk samples, it’s a great way to find new product loves. It’s actually how I discovered my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, which I have repurchased over and over again. I got the Tarte Lipsurgence Skintuitive Lipgloss recently and wanted to share my quick thoughts on it.
According to Tarte the lipgloss:
- has pH technology that allows the gloss to adjust to your own personalized pink lip shade
- smooths the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while providing intense hydration
- I love the smell (it reminds me of my Korres Jasmine Lip Butter), it was probably the first thing I noticed when putting it on. No taste to it though.
- The doe-foot applicator is concave and makes application easy.
- It’s not overly thick and sticky, I like the feel on my lips.
- It does feel hydrating and has pretty good lasting power.
- I already have a lot of color to my lips so I noticed no change in color.
- Is this supposed to smooth fine lines and wrinkles on your lips? I know you can get lines around your mouth, but you wouldn’t be smearing this around your mouth (I hope).
Although the pros outweigh the cons, I’m going to pass on the full size despite the fact that the scent is intoxicating. The main draw of the product is the color adjusting aspect and it didn’t work for me. As you can see in the swatches, the gloss has a hint of pink tint that gets darker with a bit of time. I think my lips are just too pink to show the difference. But, if your lips are lighter, this may work better on you.
I actually think the shade the gloss turns on my arm is quite pretty, it’s just too bad it doesn’t have the same effect on my lips. If you’ve tried this, please share your thoughts!