My day to day is pretty mundane, sometimes the most exciting thing that happens is getting the mail. I think people assume that their daily routine is boring, but I love getting a sneak peek into other people’s days. I think that’s why I like watching daily vlogs on YouTube so much, my husband thinks I’m crazy, but that must mean that the millions of other subscribers are too. I’ve also been loving all the facts people share when they are nominated for blog awards. I already know we have a mutual makeup addiction, but it’s fun finding out the other things we have in common and just learning more about everyone here in general. Anyway, since my day involved a little more than just holing up in the house with Ava, I thought I’d share a bit of it through pictures.
1. Woke up extra late (Ava must have miraculously fallen back asleep because I looked at the clock and it was 9:20 AM!) and had only 30 minutes to get out the door. So today became my weekly no makeup day and I threw my hair into a high pony. I tried the trick where you use two bobby pins to keep it bumped up, but they stuck into my scalp and hurt! So I criss-crossed them and it wasn’t so painful.
2. Left the house baby-free! I ditched the diaper bag and wrapped myself up in my big fluffy pink scarf to keep out the cold. It was nice to listen to my own stations, instead of Radio Disney and the musical mirror that entertains her in the backseat.
3. Stopped by the mall to get my eyebrows threaded (finally!). Had to get a salted caramel mocha latte from Nordstrom Cafe since I skipped my usual cup at home.
4. Couldn’t leave without checking out Sephora! And couldn’t leave empty handed either. Ended up ordering the Tata Harper cleanser that I will be posting a quickie review on since it’s not in-store yet and got a new beautyblender since mine is starting to flake off a bit. And I picked up one more new item that I’ll share soon. I also ended up doing the whole foundation match thing they offer and I’m not convinced it’s very accurate. I felt like the matches were a bit too dark for me. I kind of want to do it again just to see if it comes out differently next time.
5. Got home just in time to get Ava up after her first nap. She doesn’t like me to put her down right away lately, I either have to hold her or sit next to her on the couch. I think she needs a little extra time to wake up before she’s ready to play.
6. My husband trekked into the city to get Bon Chon wings for dinner. We venture out there even less now than we used to since having Ava and we were both having a major craving. If you’ve never tried these before, they are SO GOOD. If there’s a place near you, go immediately and thank me later. 😀
So that was a quick peek into my day. All in all it was a good one. How did you spend yours?