I was nominated by Joy, from Styled with Joy, for the Infinity Dreams Award this week and again, I’m always thankful when I’m recognized by another blogger. I learn so much about the person behind the blog when I read posts like these and it’s a fun way to share some of the great blogs I’ve been reading. Thank you again for the nomination Joy!
The rules for this award are somewhat similar to some of the other blog awards, here they are:
Rules for the award:
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts about Me:
1. Peonies are my favorite flower, it was my only request during my wedding that they be a part of my bouquet. Otherwise, I pretty much let the florist and my mom decide.
2. I have occasional bouts of insomnia where I can’t fall asleep until 3 or 4 in the morning no matter how hard I try.
3. I can’t stand being cold. I dream of moving to Southern California, but can’t fathom leaving my friends and family on the east coast.
4. I crave hot pot/ramen/pho on a weekly basis.
5. My mom is one of my best friends.
6. I wanted to be Jem from the cartoon when I was younger. I even had earrings I would touch and pretend to talk to Synergy.
7. The most thrilling experience of my life (other than getting married and becoming a mom) was zip lining in the forests of Costa Rica. Highly recommend.
8. I hate talking on the phone.
9. I always choose a savory breakfast over sweet. And end up getting chocolate chip pancakes on the side.
10. I love Las Vegas. You’ll find me at the roulette table at 3 AM, not the club. Those days are long gone.
11. I’m probably the cheapest date you’ll ever meet. I love a glass of wine with dinner, but rarely can I finish the glass.
Questions from Joy:
1. How do you decide what to post on your blog? I usually post reviews of beauty items I’ve tried or items that are already well loved. Any other posts are usually more ‘spur of the moment’ because I was inspired to do a certain makeup look or I get excited about a piece of clothing, like a white tee, and I want to share how I would style it. And of course, I have my mom-related posts about my personal experiences and sharing things I’ve found helpful since Ava was born.
2. Does your blog have a theme? What do you talk about the most on it? My blog centers around beauty, personal style, and being a mom, but I probably write most about beauty.
3. What do you do for fun? Hobbies? Going to dinner, just hanging out with friends and family. Shopping. Reading. TV. I guess you could call blogging my hobby at the moment.
4. Drugstore or High End? That’s tough. I can’t answer this question, the more I think about it the more my mind wants to explode.
5. Red, nude, or pink — Which is your go-to lipstick/lip gloss color? A pinky nude 🙂
6. Favorite movie? Either Sleepless in Seattle or Pretty Woman.
7. How did you come up with your blog’s name? I actually wanted it to be Still Bree, but it was taken, so I went with Always, Bree instead. I started blogging because I unexpectedly decided to stay home with my daughter and I needed something else in my day besides, and I know these aren’t the right words, just being a mom. I wanted to do something I enjoyed that was completely for me and to remind myself that I’m still, well, myself.
8. Who do you look up to? My parents. They sacrificed so much for my brother, sister, and I. They are the best parents of all time and I only hope to be the same for Ava someday.
9. Three words to describe yourself. Laid-back, loyal, trustworthy. I’m the best secret keeper you’ll ever meet.
10. What’s the next day/event you’re looking forward to? Going on a family vacation, I’m pretty sure we’re going to the Bahamas in the next few months.
11. Describe your favorite childhood memory. I was a Navy brat, so my favorite memory was traveling Europe with my family and our friends. We were stationed in Sicily, but we would go on tours of Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, etc. It was one of the most fun times of my life.
I hope you all get a chance to check them out, although to wouldn’t be surprised if you already do. And to the ladies nominated, just wanted to shout you out and let you know I like what I read. 🙂
1. What was the most delicious meal you’ve ever had?
2. Salty or sweet?
3. What was the last makeup item you hit pan on?
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
5. What’s your best asset?
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
7. Square, round or sqround nails? Or other?
8. What was the worst job you ever had?
9. Do you believe in ghosts?
10. Chocolate or vanilla?
11. Where do you go for style inspiration?
And again, thank you to Joy for the nomination. And to everyone again, thank you for reading. 🙂