I was nominated for three blog awards this week, the Infinity Dreams & two Liebster Awards! I was recently nominated for both and did posts on both here and here last week and because of the closeness I decided against doing the full on posts again because I would likely be nominating the same people! I did want to still say a big thank you to Ryane, Sheryl, and Sandy for nominating me again! It always means a lot to me that someone has chosen my blog for a nomination. I also know it takes time to think out the questions and write up the post so I did want to answer their questions and talk about their blogs.
I’ll start with Ryane because I got her nomination first. Her blog is newer to me as she started her blog more recently, but I can already tell I love the direction it’s going in and I’ll look forward to her weekly posts. Ryane Zamora Beauty is definitely more than just beauty, she writes about ideas for things to do on a date, gifts, and does OOTD. Please check her out ASAP, I really think you’ll like it too!
1. Best place to buy makeup? Always Sephora! I love the variety of brands and that you can build up points for beauty samples. Some of their 500 point perks are awesome!
2. Favorite beauty guru? Probably Judy from It’s Judy Time and It’s Judy’s Life. Mostly because I watch her daily vlogs of her family every morning when I’m getting ready for the day, I definitely watch more vlogs than beauty videos these days.
3. Favorite lipstick (color and brand)? Maybelline’s Warm Me Up, a pinky nude. It’s a go-to for me. I’ve recently found another lipstick that may be giving it a run for it’s money though and hopefully I’ll be posting about it soon!
4. Who is your style icon? Honestly, I don’t really have one, but I will always love SJP.
5. Current mood? Tired. Just cooked dinner and finished up some cleaning!
6. What is your spirit animal? Haha, this made me laugh! My old co-workers and I found a website that tells you your spirit animal and I was a lion. We each printed out our animal and hung them over our desks. Good times in the office, I miss it!
7. Chocolate or Vanilla ice cream? Although I love chocolate on it’s own, I don’t like it as ice cream. So vanilla. Preferably in Moose Tracks form.
8. Last movie you saw in theatres? I have no idea. The last time I went to the movies I was still pregnant.
9. What show are you currently watching on Netflix/what show are you currently watching? The Walking Dead.
10. Look to your right, what do you see? Ava’s toys and my parents.
11. Plans for the rest of the day? Just putting Ava to bed and hanging with M.
I’ve been following Sheryl from A Sprinkle of Pretty for awhile longer, and let me just say that I love her blog photography! I wish I had that kind of eye, it’s beautiful. She does great product reviews and monthly favorites, as well as some lifestyle posts (she’s newly engaged, the ring is GORG!). Also, check her out ASAP!
1. Why did you decide to start blogging? I needed to channel some energy into something else after becoming a SAHM and giving up the 9 to 5 (or in my case 8 to 4:30).
2. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever traveled to? I’ve been so many places it’s hard to choose, but I’m going to go with Turks and Caicos, our honeymoon destination. I want to go back to Italy, specifically Rome, Venice, Florence, and Vatican City now that I’m older.
3. Do you have any pets? I have a dog Benji, he actually went back to living with my parents when they came back from vacation! I still consider him mine though.
4. What store do you buy most of your makeup/beauty products from? Sephora
5. What’s your favorite “guilty pleasure” television show? The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
6. Long or short finger nails? Short
7. What makeup products do you “splurge” on? Foundation & concealer.
8. Which makeup brand/product have you never used, but would like to try? Tom Ford
9. Who is your celebrity crush? I’m going old school with this one, Brad & Leo. I loved them in Legends of the Fall, Ocean’s Eleven, Romeo & Juliet, & Titanic.
10. Other than makeup/beauty products, what is your favorite thing to shop for? It doesn’t happen often, but handbags.
11. What’s the best blogging advice you’ve ever been given? I’ve never gotten advice personally, but from what I’ve read I’d say to just have fun and be yourself.
I’ve been following Sandy from Lippie Obsession since last year and she’s really one of the nicest people I’ve interacted with in the blogging world! She does it all in beauty & fashion, if you’re into nails then definitely check her out! She’s also not afraid to try new looks in makeup, I remember reading a post she did on the double winged eyeliner look and thinking, “I wish I could be that brave!” I’m pretty conservative in my makeup, but I love how she uses color and I’ve been trying to incorporate it more lately myself (though in smaller ways). Please go check her out as well!
1. If you could be any animal/creature (real or mythical) what would you be? Hmmm, I’m going to go with a unicorn. They are just so magical.
2. If you could pick any era of time to live in, what time period would you pick? I’m going to stick with now.
3. What’s your least favorite chore? Ugh, folding laundry. The thought of it is just, ugh.
4. What is your favorite Disney movie? The Little Mermaid. I remember watching it with my cousin when I came to visit them in the states when we were living overseas. She’s actually one of my best friends now and I think of her whenever I see that movie.
5. What’s your favorite TV show right now? The Walking Dead.
6. If you could travel to any place in the world right now, where would you go? Hawaii. I need some sun.
7. If you had an unlimited shopping spree for only 1 hour, what store would you pick? Neiman Marcus. Barneys is a close second.
8. If you won the lottery (let’s say the jackpot was $200 million), what would you do with the money? Pay off all our debt, our families debt, invest it, put it away for Ava’s college education, go on a crazy amazing vacation, and of course, do a little shopping. And by little, I mean big.
9. If you could only pick one brand of makeup to buy from for the rest of your life, what would it be? Another question I can’t compute. I just can’t.
10. What’s your favorite part of your makeup routine? Oh good question! I think when I’m first starting and just putting on lip balm and primer. For some reason I just decompress a little at that point and decide what I’m doing for makeup that day.
11. If you could pick any celebrity to be your best friend and one to be your love interest (if you have a significant other already than just pretend he/she doesn’t exist right now hehe) who would you pick? I’m loving Emma Stone lately. She just seems so cool. And for a love interest, Ryan Reynolds. I’m a sucker for a guy who can make me laugh. And when he took off his shirt in The Proposal…
Thank you again to Ryane, Sheryl, and Sandy! And anyone else reading this, I know it’s a long one!