This month, I wanted to share some favorites that are out of the beauty realm just to do something new. I love makeup, but sometimes it’s nice to write about the other things in life that I’ve been into lately. My blog is obviously very beauty heavy, but recently, I’ve just been wanting it to be a more a more ‘full’ reflection of me because honestly, this is the only place I really talk about makeup. I guess I just want to share the other things about me with all of you too. Of course, makeup will still factor heavily here; I do enjoy writing and sharing about the products I use, but all the ‘other’ is pretty fun too.
1. Quiet mornings to myself. It still only happens occasionally when I randomly wake up before M and Ava, but it’s pretty sweet having some quiet time in the mornings. I slip on my cozy socks, make my breakfast shake, and watch the morning news.
2. Happy sweaters. I got this sweater from J. Crew a few years ago, it’s not really something I wear anymore, but don’t have the heart (ha!) to give up. I was having one of those mornings that just felt kind of crappy, and I figured why not, maybe it’ll put me in a better mood. It did.
3. Afternoon tea. I’m a coffee person, but sometimes in the afternoon I do enjoy a nice hot cup of tea. In my Las Vegas mug, of course. It just feels like a nice, relaxing afternoon treat.
4. A gold framed mirror. It didn’t occur to me that the library would be closed on Patriot’s Day so when we drove out and found an empty parking lot, I didn’t want to just go back home. So we went to Ikea. I came across this gold framed mirror and snapped a pic to show M. I really want to put it in our ‘other’ living room (it’s supposed to be a ‘formal’ dining room, but we ain’t fancy like that), but it’s kind of turned into Ava’s playroom and it just wouldn’t work. I’m going to find a home for it somewhere around here, whether M likes it or not.
5. Red Queen. I recently finished Dark Places and thought it was okay, I still like Gone Girl better. I needed a new Nook book and decided on Red Queen. If you like YA novels, I definitely recommend this one, I’ve been reading this every night. It’s kind of a mix of the Hunger Games and the Selection Series plus Marvel super powers, to give you a feel for it. This is the first book in the series, and I’m bummed I’m going to have to wait for the next one to come out!
6. Shaun T. Okay, I’ve developed a bit of an obsession with Shaun. I’m planning on doing a fitness update once we complete the 5 week Alpha phase, but I will say now that things are going great and I actually look forward to my nightly T25 sweat session with M. That’s saying a lot for someone who has never really liked exercise. I’ve also been very satisfied with my results so far and I’m excited to see where I’ll be when I complete the 10 weeks.
Hope you enjoyed a little something new from me and some of the other life things I’m enjoying lately! What are you loving outside of beauty? Also please recommend any books I should download before I go on vacation, I need some airplane reading on the off chance Ava falls asleep for a couple of hours and doesn’t torture the other passengers!