April was skin hell for me and as you can probably see from my choices this month, it was also pretty makeup-less. I didn’t want to aggravate my skin and cause more breakouts so I really put a hold on my usual daily makeup wearing. It was actually quite refreshing, I think I’m so used to seeing myself with makeup on that all my flaws are maximized when I see my bare face. But since I’ve been bare faced much of this month, all of my flaws aren’t as bad as I remembered and it actually made me feel more confident about my skin, despite the scarring. Here’s what made the cut this month:
1. Ole Henriksen Nurture Me moisturizer. This was the moisturizer I’d been using for several months, however decided to try a new one that I thought would be even better, but I was wrong. Once I finally realized my mistake, I ran back to Sephora to exchange it for this and I’m so glad I did. My breakouts are gone and my skin is back to normal with a few scars from it all, but I have to thank Nurture Me for that. It’s moisturizing and actually marketed for sensitive skin. It also has a strong candy scent, so if that bothers you I’d stay away. For me, it keeps my skin hydrated and doesn’t cause breakouts. Just goes to show, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
2. Batiste Dry Shampoo. I was at Target and thought I’d try another dry shampoo since my bottle ran out. Big mistake, it left my hair even greasier looking due to all the residue from the spray. M was out at Home Depot so I had him stop by CVS to get my beloved Batiste for me. This is the best drugstore dry shampoo I’ve ever tried, although it’s also in spray form, it doesn’t leave a residue, it absorbs any oils, and gives my hair a little body at the roots.
3. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. I won’t go too much into this, I have a review here. I was actually not even using this before my breakouts started, but once they did I was using this day and night all over my skin in a thin layer. I’m back to just spot treating as needed, but this definitely helped to heal my skin and shrink those pimples!
4. Tony Moly Panda’s Dream Brightening Eye Base. I’ve also reviewed this here. Since I wasn’t wearing any makeup, I used this often to just give my under eyes a little wake-up call for the day. It’s not going to add coverage to your dark circles, it’s just going to make the area look brighter. It’s also a nice base to your usual under eye cover routine.
5. Sheet Masks. I have definitely fallen for sheet masks as a nice, pampering addition to my skincare routine. I got a bunch from Beautique for review in their April Mask Maven Bag and I’ve been loving the whole experience of using them. It’s like a spa treatment at home. And my skin feels so nourished after using them, this may become a new addiction.
What products had you hooked this month?