Another month gone, another group of favorites. May will always be one of my favorite months of the year and this one was definitely fun-filled with our first family vacation, as well as some other new non-beauty things I’ve been enjoying. Here’s the round up.
1. My girlfriend got me this cute little ring/jewelry plate with a unicorn on it for my birthday. It has special meaning because Ava has a rocking horse unicorn that my brother gave her for her birthday and she is too cute when she’s riding it. I keep the plate on my nightstand and put my rings, bracelet, and earrings on it before hitting the hay.
2. She also got me this travel coffee mug. I think it says it all.
3. I talked about this necklace in my Current Obsession post. Still obsessed.
4. We brought Ava to a local farm last year to pick out pumpkin for Halloween. I saw they sold their own popcorn kernels, the kind you pop in a pan on the stove. Seriously, I will never go back to the microwave bags it’s so good. I don’t know if it’s because it’s from that farm or if I’d get the same effect from the kind you buy at the grocery store, but it just tastes fresh. I’m thinking about popping some right now just typing this.
5. Okay the real reason I’ve decided to slow down from daily blogging is Orange is the New Black (just kidding, kinda). Per usual, I’m late to the game on this one, but I’m glad I’m finally watching! A friend was speaking so highly of it that I had to see what it was all about (so much so that he convinced me that we needed Netflix). If you’re looking for a new show to watch, I definitely recommend this one. Even M is into it, and the friend who recommended it was a guy, so it could be a show you won’t have any TV battles on with the boy. This is the first Netflix show we’ve ever watched and I love being able to just go from episode to episode without having to wait a week.
6. M surprised me with a new handbag for my birthday/our anniversary/Mother’s Day. I’ve been lusting after the Celine Nano Luggage Tote for the past 3 years and it’s everything I’ve imagined it to be and more. Despite the small size, it’s quite roomy on the inside so I can fit a lot in there with room to spare. I’ve also always wanted a red purse, I tend gravitate towards black, but the red to me is still a neutral. I’ve literally been wearing it with everything, it’s so good.
That wraps up my non-beauty faves this month! What were you loving?