These are all the items that I’ve been reaching for the most this month, a couple aren’t really new to me, but are always reliable. I consistently reached for them when I was doing my makeup (or skincare). Let’s get to it.
1. I got the MAC Mineralized Blush in Warm Soul while on vacation this month. This warm golden blush gives a gorgeous sheen to tan skin and is perfect for the summer. I haven’t stopped wearing it since coming back from vacation. Literally.
2. I took a long break from winged liner, but the hiatus is over. I’ve been doing a wing pretty much everytime I do my makeup lately and the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (review) is still hands-down the best for getting the perfect flick. It’s also super long lasting, doesn’t smudge, and very black. I haven’t found a gel liner that is as long-lasting, the Maybelline one smudges by the end of the day, no fail. If you have a recommendation, let me know!
3. I ran out of cotton rounds and had M pick some up for me. I usually the Target brand, but he found these Full Circle Premium Cotton Rounds at our local grocery store. First, I was like you spent $4 on those?! I get them at Target for way cheaper and the pack comes with 100 rounds versus 80. But after using them I might be a convert. The Target ones tend to shed a lot and I end up with fuzzies all my face after using them. These are almost woven together like fabric and are smooth, so I don’t have that problem. I’m not picking cotton off my face before doing my makeup anymore which is a plus when you’re in a rush. I’m not sure where else they’re sold, but if you’re looking for a really good cotton round for makeup removal, toner, whatever, this one is awesome!
4. This Hakuhodo blush brush (J210) has risen to be the most favorite brush I’ve ever owned (for a review of my Hakuhodo brushes, you can refer here and here). It’s so soft and the application it gives is perfect. I like that it’s more flat and round at the top instead of tapered like most blush brushes, I can almost buff the blush in instead of sweeping it onto my cheeks and it just disperses the color so well. The size of the brush head is just right so the color isn’t getting all over the place. I actually washed all my brushes last night so that I could take a picture of it clean and of course, I totally forgot and used it this morning. Oops.
5. This could probably be on my favorites list every month, but this month I’ve been especially into a very natural, slightly defined brow. I’ve just been brushing the L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper (review) through them to add a little more fullness and softer definition. The size of the applicator works well for getting all the brow hairs; the tapered tip is nice for getting the tail end of my brows without making a huge mess.
What beauty items did you love this month?