I’ve actually put a semi-halt to makeup buying as of late because the more I stare at all the lipsticks, blushes, etc. that I have collected over the years, I realize I need to chill out a little. I just can’t justify buying anything new unless I run out of something at this point. Of course, since I’m not buying makeup I need to fill the void with something else. Shoes.
1. Steve Madden Donddi Sandals. I’ve been on a little bit of a minimalist kick lately and these sandals fit the bill. I’d been looking for a pair of sandals with a slightly wider strap because my feet are on the wider side. I’ve been wearing these non-stop since I got them and they are super comfy. It is a little annoying having to buckle in and out of them, but I still say it’s worth it.
2. H&M Sandals. These aren’t on the website anymore, but may still be in stores. They’re again very minimalist and easy to just throw on and go. I will say that the sizing for H&M shoes is weird. I wear a 7.5 typically and they only carry some half sizes and mine is not one of them. I ended up getting the 8 and they’re a little big, but not too bad. I’m pretty sure they were only around $12 so I really can’t complain.
3. Forever 21 Faux Leather Espadrilles. I was channeling my 90’s teen years hard here when I picked these platforms up. I’ve never bought a pair of shoes from Forever 21, but these are surprisingly comfortable. I wouldn’t wear them for long distances, especially since there’s no ankle strap and I’m fairly clumsy. I wanted to buy into the trend again, but not spend a ton because I don’t really wear anything other than flats. I will say that they do make my legs look super long, which is a plus when you’re 5’3″.
4. Topshop Lace-up Gladiator Sandals. This was a trend that took awhile for me to come around to, but the more I saw people wear them the more I wanted a pair. These were actually really affordable and I liked the snakeskin print. Obviously, because they’re so inexpensive the material is synthetic and I worried they’d rub my skin in a bad way. But, they’re surprisingly comfortable and look great with dresses, shorts, and jeans.
5. Topshop Lace-up Pointed Toe Flat. These are basically the Aquazurra flats with a much more affordable price tag. I haven’t had a chance to wear these out yet, but they fit well and also pair well with a variety of bottoms. I don’t have any shoes in a leopard print so I couldn’t resist these.
What shoes are you loving this summer?