No new products this month, everything here is an old, but reliable favorite. There are a couple new hair products I got this month, but I’m still trying them out. Since deciding not to buy any new makeup unless truly necessary, I’ve just been really trying to make use of what I have instead feeling like I’m never going to run out of anything because I have too much. I was looking through my foundations and realized I have some expensive ones that are too old to keep using and I probably only used halfway! Anyway, let’s get started.
1. It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Color Correcting Full Coverage Cream. Seriously, some brands go a little overboard with the naming. But in this case all is forgiven because this CC cream is good. I’ve reviewed it here. I’ve been applying it with my fingers for more sheer coverage, but it’s definitely more full if using a brush. It has SPF 50, which I love for summertime and it doesn’t make my face feel overly greasy–also a plus for this time of year.
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder. The packaging of this products leaves much to be desired, the cover of mine is all cracked up. But it definitely keeps my T-zone at bay when the heat hits. I mostly use it for a midday touch-up around my nose and forehead, after using a blotting sheet. After that I’m pretty good for the rest of the day without worrying about getting too shiny again.
3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Duo Brow Powder in Ebony. I’ve had this since I started filling in my brows a few years ago and it’s still going strong. I like that it has a darker and lighter shade to give some dimension and I’m just enjoying the softer look it gives. I usually set it with a lighter brow gel to balance out the color.
4. Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liners. I have a few of these, but my most used shades are East End Snob and Natural. My lips are slightly darker along the edges so these help me even out the color and keep my lipstick on longer. I also use them to make certain lipsticks that are too bright or too light more wearable.
5. MAC eyeshadows. No particular faves here, just the shadows in general. I’ve been using this palette daily just to create a little definition in the crease and give an even base to my lids before doing winged liner. It’s just easy since the palette has all the colors I need.
Hope everyone had a great July and is ready for a new month to begin!