I was sick for the past week and couldn’t wear any makeup, so I haven’t been able to try much to talk about lately. I have been gathering several things from the drugstore (over three trips I think) that I thought I’d share what I got and why in the time being.
1. Cremo Moisturizing Shave Cream. I’m pretty faithful to the EOS Shave Cream, but when I saw this at Walmart I decided to give it a try. The packaging looks familiar, I think I’ve tried something similar before and I remember liking it. If you use this already, please share your thoughts.
2. Gillette Venus & Olay Razors. I’m really sensitive when it comes to shaving and these seem to be the only razors that agree with my legs. They have those moisturizing bars around the blades to give a smoother shave. If I don’t use these, my legs get super irrated and itchy when I shave. These are so pricey, I’ve tried the kinds without the bars and it never goes well. So for me, I’m willing to pay the price.
3. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. I’d been using the Ole Henriksen Aloe Vera Cleanser for probably 4 years now and although my skin is still acne-prone, it’s calmed down significantly since I started using a retinoid. I was starting to wonder if I really needed the high-end cleanser anymore so I decided to give this a try to balance out the price of my retinoid. And so far so good! My skin appears to like it and doesn’t seem to realize I’ve changed it up. I’m glad since this is less than half the price of the OH cleanser.
4. Pixi Glow Tonic. It’s safe to say I’m addicted to this toner. It’s not drying and my skin looks refreshed when I use it. I need to have a back up at all times and it does sell out, so I tend to buy a new bottle everytime I see it at Target. I now have two on reserve.
5. Sonia Kashuk Lip Definer in Maple. I’m loving this so much lately I realized I needed a backup before it ran out. And it took a good long time to find it too. It finally turned up again at Target after weeks of looking. I have a review here, but in short if you want a brown, 90’s looking lip liner this is it.
6. Garnier Cleansing Micellar Water. I’ve been wanting to try this since I first heard about it and I finally found it at Walmart! I just started a new bottle of the Simple Cleansing Water and I’m kind of bummed I did because I’ll have to wait until it runs out before I crack this open. Hopefully it’s worth the wait.
7. Kiss Blooming Lash in Tulip. This was kind of impulsive, but I couldn’t resist. The lashes are marketed as ‘3D’ and you can see that the lashes are kind of fluffed out instead of in one single row. This pair is actually pretty tame in length, but if I like them I might try a pair that’s more dramatic.
8. Maybelline Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayons in Bronze Truffle & Creamy Chocolate. I love the pot form of the Color Tattoos, but they dry out before I can finish them. And I like pencil cream shadows because I can easily swipe them on. Bad to the Bronze is my favorite shade though, so we’ll see if one of these will be able to take its place.
9. Wet n Wild Contour and Highlight Stick in Medium/Tan. This was my reason for going to Walmart, I actually never go there, but this is exclusive to the chain (for now at least). I didn’t get on with the NYX one, so hopefully this won’t disappoint. I still love the Burberry Contour Pen (review here), but I’m all for finding a cheaper alternative. I’m excited to try this out the next time I put makeup on!
Have you tried any of this stuff out? If so, share down below!